Treatment of MRKH Syndrome: Vaginal and Uterus Formation
The treatment of MRKH syndrome at Beijing Antai Hospital is to adopt vaginal formation of intestinal mucosa and uterus formation of endometrium
MRKH syndrome is also know as congenital absence of vagina and uterus. The primary use of vaginal formation of intestinal mucosa and uterus formation of endometrium are taking the right amount of intestinal mucosa and endometrium by minimally invasive technique and transferred to the artificial vagina to form the uterus.
The advantages of vaginal and uterus fomation surgery are as follow:
1. Minimally invasive reconstructive surgery without any scars.
2. The patient’s vaginal wall will be smooth with sufficient vaginal space, it will not only be soft but also improve the quality of patient’s life.
3. The patient doesn’t need to have vaginal mould on all the time, there will be no vaginal contracture and polyp bleeding.
4. The patient’s uterine morphology can be seen via B ultrasound postoperatively, some patients can have menstruation or even give birth in the future.
5. The patient's egg can be used for surrogacy.